Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brisket and a Workout

On the IPOD "The World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies

Today was stressful to say the least... I went into it perplexed on how I was going to possibly fit everything in: 3 clients, workout, and then a quick dinner before mahjong with the girls. My day started at about 6 am. Let's just sum up the day by saying that I fit in a 40 minute workout at my first clients while a brisket was finishing and cooling. I'm becoming quite the multi-tasker with the help of my clients, thanks Tracy!! I even managed to run (not literally) to my mom's and whip us up a lovely dinner before heading to the girl's for mahjong. By the way, I forced myself(ok maybe a little dramatic) to eat so that I would not go crazy with the normal array of goodies at the game.
Dinner:
Cajun Red Snapper
medley of mushrooms, zucchini, and squash
and my mom's famous tomato cucumber onion salad (just the mix of veggies with a little low cal, low carb balsamic vinaigrette)

Now for all the emotional stuff. I have gotten so many amazing responses to this blog , but I would have to say that what surprises me the most are the number of my closest friends who can not believe that this is me writing. I have gotten everything from, "I didn't even know you had a weight problem!" (really?????) to "I thought you were so strong and I thought your weight was just who you are." What I think the hardest thing for most people to understand is why? Why would I choose to be so honest? Why would I lay it all out there? Well I guess for me, I need to tell my story. I've spent years hiding underneath this body and I'm truly tired of defending my weight. My weight is not who I am, but it's time to figure out what is! You are keeping me honest, you are allowing me to take responsibility and if at the end of the day it helps you, well then I guess we both win. So thanks! Thanks for being here to listen, thanks for being a part of this.

15 down!!!!!!!

xoxo chef a

No comments: