Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Background

On the IPOD:

"Gravity" by Sara Bareilles


To understand me is to understand my family dynamics. I grew up in a Jewish home (well my mom was jewish and my dad was a not so closet Lutheran).

I have two older brothers Adam (36) and Andrew (33). Adam lives in Dallas with his beautiful wife Audra and Andrew lives in Austin. They were born to be skinny. I'm pretty sure i havent weighed what they do since i was 13.

My father was a ladies hat designer, fashion was pretty much his life and I'm pretty sure his dream for me was to be a movie star, well a very skinny movie star this is. Sadly my father passed away last year from prostate cancer and it has changed my life forever.

My mom spent most of my childhood as a stay at home mom. She is one of my best friends. We talk on average 8 times a day. She has been on a constant diet... Let me explain, she has never had a weight issue like me (her wedding dress was easily the size of my pinky), but i guess its all about perspective.

I am married to the most wonderful man named Mike. We just tied the knot last april but have been dating since 1998. Nope you didn't misread that! He has become my rock and I would not truly understand the word support without him in my life.

So now that you know the background info... let me explain to you why I am here. I am on a mission to cure my personal addiction of food. I am not on a mission to be skinny, although if that happens great! I am trying to figure out why I eat, what I eat, when I eat. It should be a journey filled with laughter, tears and probably a little self abuse. Some enteries will be about my personal life, some about my professional life as a personal chef but all will be about food. Sounds fun right? Stayed tuned...
xoxo chef a

No comments: