Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Day of Grieving...

On the IPOD "I'm in love with a big blue frog" By: Peter, Paul and Mary

So if you read last night you obviously know how I felt this morning. Not good with a hint of Jewish guilt. The good news is that with all the throwing up I really didn't even want to look at food till about 3 pm. The bad news is that this was my menu for work today:


30 pounds of Balsamic Braised Short Ribs
27 pounds of Roasted Brisket
200 Chicken Drumettes
20 pounds of Apricot Chicken

And this is just the beginning I get to continue cooking for the Jewish New Year tomorrow!!

To be perfectly honest I'm grieving a little bit over the loss of food today. I know it's a day to day struggle, but it's the constant planning. My days used to consist of, "what time is happy hour?" But now its all about workouts and meal planning. Don't get me wrong, I love the way I feel...I just stopped writing to glance over at my shoulder which I can say even looks a bit girlie today. And I love that people are noticing the weight I've lost, but food has always played the role of a best friend to me. Its the thing that I've always had to just take care of ME. It never talked back or had its own issues for me to solve. It is always there to comfort me and hasn't really ever let me down. I wish I could say that about everything in my life... So I'm throwing myself a little pity party tonight, I might be losing a best friend but I'm gaining the control of my life.

Before you go to bed tonight please take a moment of silence for the loss of my beloved friend Food. You will always have a place in my heart but I'm hoping to get you out of my head!

xoxo chef a

No comments: