Saturday, September 26, 2009

Don't break the ride...

On the IPOD "Feel Good Inc." by: Gorillaz

Sorry it has been so long but unfortunately when my brother Andrew is in town...It is kind of like nonstop activity. First off I want to say that my brother brought home just the sweetest girl ever and she really made yesterday at the fair fun!!

Wait, before you read all this food know that we were at the fair from 12 noon to 10:30pm. That's right we don't play around. And we only sat down for about an hour! So first off we tried the deep-fried butter, this was by far my favorite new item. It is not what you think... it is more like a round crispy biscuit with a dab of butter in the center. We got the grape flavor so there was a little grape jelly on the top. There were four quarter size balls and we split it so...one ball each. Mike and I shared a corn dog, which means I ate the outside and he ate the dog. Don't judge me!!! We all tried the twisted yam on a stick...not worth it we actually threw it out. We all got some polish sausage with spicy mustard, well the boys got beer brats but all the same...fantastic as always. They all shared a turkey leg, i don't do turkey legs. Everyone shared some curly fries... they were ok not crispy enough for me to waste calories on. Lastly I would like to share with you my absolute favorite thing to eat at the fair... The Triple Blast Popsicle at the nestle booth. I know right, but it is truly the best popsicle on the market. Just trust me it is a must and for only 4 tickets!! Other than that we drank and drank and drank, good thing for me is that i don't drink beer so I had to wait a long time between drinks because there is only about 3 places that serve bellinis.

We went though the auto show, the petting zoo, we watched the dog trick show and visited all the creative arts buildings and then we decided to go on some rides. So I know you are all going to think I'm nuts but to tell you the truth I don't really do fair rides because in my head I think that since they are movable, the chances that my weight will break them is very high. Now I know it's silly because I'm sure there are tons of people at the fair who weigh much more than I do but I'm just being honest and that's what I think. But as usual I was forced to ride, so we went on to a ride called "crazy mouse" ("a fast-moving roller coaster with 180-degree turns -- a thrill ride the whole family can enjoy together") What they don't tell you is that you are pretty much hanging off the side the whole time and if you are a fat girl who is worried about breaking the ride it's not real fun!! If you could have only seen my face...I was in standard protection mode head down, eyes shut, and face scrunched. I made it off though. Then it was off to the swans on the lagoon, much more my speed. So romantic, mike and I just peddling our little hearts out on a big white swan... Then we watched Andrew and Natalie take on some of the crazy rides and finished our fair day with a carousel ride. All in all it was a great day at the fair. The guilt set in at I'd say about 7 pm and is still in the back of my head, but I'm just gonna move forward and work my ass off the rest of the weekend.

xoxo chef a

No comments: