Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Making out in the mirror

On the IPOD "Lovesong" by The Cure

Yesterday was not exactly a happy day...alright I'll admit it I pretty much didn't even answer the phone because my mood was so foul. I mean I'm hungry....And I'm so sick of people telling me that after the first week it should be better because of this so called "shrinking stomach". I call bullshit!! Its the third week people and I'm starving. So obviously my stomach missed the important phone call telling it to shut up. Ok , I should rephrase my stomach is not hungry it's pissed off because even after about 15 celery sticks it's still not happy because what it really wants is a slice of cheese pizza from Joe's Pizza in Greenwich Village, and yes I'm referring to New York. After trying to pick my third argument with Mike I decided it would be better for everyone if I just went to the gym for a little while.

So there I am sprinting on the treadmill when I notice that the guy two spaces down from me is actually making out with himself in the mirror. About every ten minutes he jumps off the treadmill and struts his way to the water fountain all the while starring at himself in the mirror. He's not a model, mind you. At first I even thought is he was doing it for my benefit but no I don't even think he noticed I was in the room. I wish I could love myself like that.... But no when I look at myself in the mirror it's more like... "really?" I don't know maybe it's a girl thing. We are trained at a very young age to know what are bad parts are. I remember looking at a "Cosmo" magazine when I was about thirteen and there they were...the boyish figure, the apple figure, and the pear figure. At that point I decided obviously I had the never wear a swimsuit in public figure! So today I've decided that I'm going to make out with myself in the mirror. If he can do it, I can do it!! I'll let you know how it goes later...

xoxo chef a

No comments: