Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango-Strawberry Pico de gallo

On the IPOD "Ice Cream" by: Sarah McLachlan

I bought a new scale at Target today. I'm just going to go ahead and tell you that as soon as it was in my cart all I was thinking about was what everybody must be thinking... It was like being 13 and worrying about the check out attendant having to do a price check on tampons. "Attention health and beauty, price check on a scale for the fat girl in aisle 12!" Kidding, but it was one of those moments for me kind of like stepping on and off an elevator and worrying that the other people noticed how much it moved. So anyways, I got it home took it out of the box and jumped on (not literally.) What a buzz kill! #1 It was registering 5 pounds heavier than the one I already have at home, I made Mike get on just to verify that his weight was 5 pounds more too. #2 To get your BMI and water weight percentage you have to store your weight in the memory. That was the deal breaker, so its going back... I will stick to my wii fit where I can have password protection thank you very much!

I made the most unbelievable chicken tonight so I thought you might all enjoy the recipe!


Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango-Strawberry Pico de gallo

1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 mangos, small dice
4 strawberries, small diced
1/2 red bell pepper, small diced
1/2 medium red onion, small diced
1/2 to 1 jalapeno, minced
2 Tablespoons or more cilantro chopped
2 Tablespoons lime juice
sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste

Marinate chicken with cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Let sit 15 minutes. Spray grill with Pam for grilling and then grill chicken over medium fire until done.

Mix rest of ingredients in a bowl and add seasoning to taste.

Serve chicken with pico on top or on the side.

I served this with Oven Roasted Asparagus and I made the pico super spicy with cayenne pepper. Everybody says it speeds up your metabolism so I'll take all the help I can get! This is the first night that I havent been starving at 10 pm. Pretty exciting!!!!

xoxo chef a

No comments: