Thursday, October 1, 2009

Low Fat Chunky Turkey Chili

On the IPOD "Somewhere with you" by Shane Mack
You have to go youtube "Ashley Arrison with Shane Mack" to get this song but I can tell you how to download it...

Oh my God my abs...Oh!...my!...God!...my!...abs! Oh, my God, my abs! I feel like someone is trying to rip my abdominal muscles out of my body. Who knew I even had muscles in there?? I'm going to go ahead and say that I must have a freaking 6 pack of ab muscles under this fat with the amount of pain I'm in. If only I could see them... The exercise ball is not my friend right now, we are in a serious fight!!!

Oh and I'm starving, not just hungry people, starving! My hormones are at an all time high. It's about to be girl time and my body usually has a chocolate backup to get me through but this month I'm coming with no ammunition. I'm pretty sure I might eat anything that has a small coating of chocolate on it.

Ok recipe time...

Low Fat Chunky Turkey Chili

2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 medium onion, rough chop
1 red pepper, rough chop
1 anaheim pepper, rough chop
1 poblano pepper, rough chop
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (whatever blend you like, I mix it up)
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. or to taste salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon masa

Brown turkey in a non stick pan over medium high heat and then move to the side and drain in a colander. Add all veggies and saute 2- 3 minutes. Add turkey back in and add all spices. Cook on medium about 2 minutes and then add tomato paste cook 1 min. more. Then add tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add cider vinegar. Cook covered about 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add masa and cook about 5 minutes more or until thickened slightly. Serve hot with reduced fat cheese, avocado, red onion...

xoxo chef a

No comments: