Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yoga Schmoga!

On the IPOD "Falling Slowly" by: Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova



Well all I know is someone was in my corner this morning because i happened to switch a client to later in the day and just as I walked through the kitchen I heard water pouring out of the laundry room...water heater was bursting all over the floor...Let me assure you that I would have been beyond pissed had I not been home to catch it...


I finally made it to hip hop yoga tonight. The class kinda started out on a weird note because when Jessica and I first got there it was kinda early and the teacher was all rubbing her belly telling us that this was going to be her last class for the next three month because rub rub rub, "she is with child." She then went on to tell us that she just never knew it could be so easy to get pregnant and that they just started to think about trying and here she was pregnant. Now don't get me wrong I'm very happy for her, but what she just didn't know was that she was talking to two girls who are both nervous about their own fertility. We both gave each other the glare of death and moved on. Our class was very small. The funny thing is that I knew everyone, well except the teacher. It was Me and Jessica and then a friend Lauren and her sister Kari happened to be there too. I'm going to start off by saying that I try so very hard to like yoga but I just don't. I like fast paced dancing that has passion, joy, and fun. To me yoga is slow and boring. I thought great hip hop music would make it different unfortunately it was more like a mix tape of top 40 slow jams with only a couple of songs I truly liked. Maybe it's just me I guess maybe I am confusing hip hop music with gangsta rap. What I want is a gangsta rap dance class I guess!! I kept thinking in my head..."I don't get downward dog and being in the fetal position does not make me feel like I'm working out it makes me want to cry!" I also like to look at myself in a standing position in the mirror...there is nothing pretty about this much body twisted into pretzel like poses on the floor. Anyways I'm glad to have come to a definite conclusion that yoga is not my thing!!

Today is going to be crazy... I have two clients and a very long menu...

Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango Pico de gallo
Chili con Carne
Chicken Salad
Teriyaki Filets
Beef Fajitas
Veggie Fajitas
Shrimp Fajitas
Chicken Stir fry
Szechuan Whole Wheat Noodles
Winter Chopped Salad
Fresh Citrus Slices
and various side dishes too
Oh and I can't forget Reid and Davis' special Amanda cookies

Peace out yo!
xoxo chef a

No comments: