Monday, October 19, 2009

Nice Butt!!

On the IPOD "All I Wanna Do" by: Sugarland

Alright first off I have been sick and I really don't do sick very well. I have a very low tolerance for pain and I am not a sit in bed at home all day kind of girl. I'll give you the timeline of the past 4-5 days. So Wednesday as you know I felt the sore throat, went to the doctor, started meds, and didn't work. Thursday no work, spent an hour in court (thank goodness a had a lawyer for this one and only had to check in), pretty much slept the rest of the day. Friday, slept in, I was feeling better, and I had a client who was having a party so I worked in the afternoon but then I went home and crashed. Saturday morning I woke up feeling great, I didn't even have a cough, so I decided to go ahead and enter the breast cancer bread baking contest at the fair (it is one of the few I can actually enter) on Sunday. The Italian Sweet Bread I was baking takes 18 hours to make so I started on Saturday, knowing that in the past ( because of childhood asthma) I have never been able to get over a flu or cold in 3 days but I was being optimistic. So anyways Sunday morning came around and I went to pick up Jessica who was entering Jalapeno Sausage Cheese Bread in the same competition and then she was also entering her cinnamon rolls in the regular baking competition. We got there and while checking in the most amazing thing happened...I have to start a new paragraph for this...

While I was handing over my bread I heard Jessica say from behind me..."Oh my God you have lost weight in your butt...it looks great!!" Much to her surprise the results of the baking contest didn't even matter at this point, She had just made me the happiest girl in the world!!!!

My bread turned out great, perfect crumb and sweetness. I actually was really happy with it, but obviously it was a little too advanced for the judge's palate :). No win for me, Oh Well! But Jessica scored another honorable mention in the sweet roll competition for her cinnamon rolls, Yay!! We still both believe there is something fishy about how the same people consistently win (cough cough Dorothy!) But all in all it's really fun and it gives us an excuse to go to the fair. And while she reported her win to everybody she knows...I reported my butt complement and her win to everybody I know!!

But just as the clock stuck 3 I felt some wheezing in my chest...I immediately left the fair and headed straight to the drugstore to fill my prescription for an antibiotic. I don't really mess around with this because I was on oral steroids for the better part of my childhood and lets just say they don't help with weight loss so I try to avoid them at all costs. By 6 pm I was in a full blown asthma regime. I am going to be smart and give myself I break...I guess... but I am really missing the gym I hope to be back tomorrow. Who ever thought I would say that I miss the gym... I will be posting recipes this afternoon, including the requests that I have had.
Have a wonderful Monday!!

xoxo chef a

No comments: