Friday, October 2, 2009

The Good Soup

On the IPOD "Home" by Holly Conlan

So I made myself go work out last night even though I felt like a mix between a 95 five year old woman and a pissed off raving lunatic ( great mix right?) It's funny that I split up my workout in sets of 10 minutes. It's easier to get through it if I split it up. Dance class is different it flies by but for scheduling reasons it doesn't always work out.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed or crazy (debatable I know) but I do have to admit that I weigh myself both before and after I work out. I don't stress myself over it, but I will admit that these last two pounds before I hit another 5 lost are really annoying me. I know it probably has to do with hormones and some people might mention something about a plateau. Well let me assure you if I am at a plateau right now then there are major things wrong with this world... So I'm drinking lots of water today because as God is my witness I will rule the scale!

So earlier in the day Mike and I went by central market to pick up some groceries. I gave him a choice fish or some kind of soup (although I was pushing for the soup, even though it's more chopping it's less pans to clean!) So soup it was! Most of the time when I cook for myself I just throw stuff together from whatever looks fresh at the store. I have to say the Chicken vegetable soup I made was sooooo good! Mike even asked, "your not going to give the rest away right?" Hey a girl's gotta take care of her mom too right?

Chicken Vegetable Soup

4 sweet bulb onions including green tops, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 cup celery, chopped I trim the top of a whole bunch and chop down including leaves
2 cups carrots, small dice
1 large red pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 16oz cans stewed tomatoes with basil and oregano
2 quarts chicken stock
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
1/4 cup of acini di pepe (tiny soup pasta)
salt and lots of pepper to taste

Spray bottom of a large soup pot with pam. Heat to a medium high and add onions, shallots, celery, carrots, and red pepper. Saute until onions start to become translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add tomatoes with juice and stock and bring to a boil. Add trimmed chicken tenders and continue to cook at a high simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and shred or chop. Bring soup back up to a low boil and add in pasta and seasonings. Add chicken back into the soup. Lower temperature to a simmer and continue to cook for about 20 minutes. Serve hot!!

I personally made it and then let it sit while I went to work out and shower. And then I just brought it back up to a boil for dinner. It was so good and barely any calories!! I like it spicy so adjust whatever to make it the way you like it. Have a great day!!

And please become followers!!! It means alot!!
xoxo chef a

No comments: