Thursday, October 22, 2009

Where are you gonna put that shot!!

On the IPOD "The Heart of Life" by: John Mayer

So I woke up this morning feeling like I couldn't breathe. Unfortunately when you are an asthmatic kid it sort of stays there silently until you get sick and then it's like "Ya so you thought I was gone did ya?" Mike said I pretty much coughed all night, must have been real fun for him... Anyways I don't mess around with it because I know how quickly I can end up in the ER. I managed to squeeze in 2 clients and then I headed in for a 1:30 appt. My doctor has gotten smart over the years...she knows that if she gives me the prescription for a steroid (pretty much the only thing that will get me out of an asthmatic funk) I won't take it because I'm stubborn and I hate the side effects so instead she has started giving me a steroid shot in the office, well actually it was delicately pushed into my left ass cheek. The nurse said, "its a real fun shot, it makes you moody, emotional and hungry"....awesome I can't wait!! After that fun experience I had to go get a chest xray. Let me just take the time to say how much a truly appreciate the medical field for having such wonderful sizes of gowns to put on. My choices were...small and xxxxl (not joking) so I squeezed myself into the small because I was not about to put on the xxxxl. It was awesome!! After that delightful hour I headed to the drugstore to pick up my prescriptions all $360 worth!!!! I better feel like a princess again real quick! The doctor called this evening with news that I do have bronchitis...not surprising... Totally glad I caught it before it turned into pneumonia! So I'm resting at home tonight. My wonderful husband made me a great dinner...
Jalapeno chicken breast with onions and peppers and a mexican salad YUM!!

Goodnight!!
xoxo chef a

No comments: