Friday, October 30, 2009

A Cat Sighting

On the IPOD "Thiller" by: Michael Jackson

So obviously yall were all scared to try out the zumba class...interesting. Actually you should have been...Zumba is just so friggin fast it's insane!! First of all I'm going to start at the beginning of my visit to Telos Fitness Center. I ran home to get changed for class and got to spend Oh about 12 minutes with my husband... Parked in the parking garage because I thought that there would be connecting stairs...nope had to take the stairs up and then walk around the building to get to the front door ( in the rain because it has been raining in Dallas for at least the last 40 days, why no one has built an ark yet I truly don't understand). They obviously should have had me design the building because just that alone made me never want to go back... Anyways once I got in I had to go downstairs to get to the locker room. Alright here is where the fun starts...I was minding my own business and just as I walked in the door I opened my eyes and what do I see...a cat staring me right in the eyes and I am not talking about the animal... I just don't get it at least have the decency to walk around naked towards the back of the locker room so that I don't have to be forced into exposing my virgin eyes. I mean look lady I know that you work hard on your body and your plastic boobs were established in 1982 but that doesn't mean that I want to walk into a brothel when I am at the gym. I mean I don't make you look at my fat ass or my less than perky boobs, so why do I have to look at your hairy snatch?!? Moving on...

So I managed to wade through the nudity to my locker and grabbed a towel and headed out. So I walked up the stairs to the lobby and then walked up the stairs again to the classroom. Well the teacher did give out neon light up bracelets and necklaces at the beginning of class what more can one really ask for. Shannon, the teacher, was very energetic...thriller was going to be the last 15 minutes of class , so the rest would be standard zumba. You know before I take another zumba class I really need to invest in getting my hips detached...it was fast and by fast I mean that I was not the only one who looked like they were gonna trip over their own feet. We couldn't get to thriller fast enough. There were at least 10 times that I thought about leaving but I didn't. I was expecting normal thriller not the zumba Michael Jackson on crack version. I felt like I was on a scary hidden camera show where they just kept speeding up the music until everyone dropped dead....I managed to make it though! It was fun I guess I at least know the moves to thriller!!

So when I was leaving I thought I could be smarter than the building. I thought to myself there has got to be a way to get to the parking garage from inside the building right?? So I saw a back staircase by the front door this has got to be it...I got in and ended up downstairs by the locker room. Then I went all the way to the other side of the building and saw a stair case that said exit, could this be it? Nope after about 4 flights up I realized that i didn't even know where I was and to tell you the truth i started to feel like I was in a horror movie ( i guess it was all the thriller). So I went back down and ended up right where I started by the locker rooms. I finally relinquished control to Telos and walked up stairs to the lobby out the doors around the building down the outside staircase and to my car. Ugh! That was a workout on it's own!!

Today's menu:
Winter Chopped Salad
Fresh Tuna Salad
Shrimp Fajitas with guacamole and pico de gallo
Mexicana bean and cheese burritos
Vegetable Mac and Cheese ( with sauteed broccoli, red onions, carrots, and red bell pepper)
Cacao Muffins

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful comments about Andi. It was a really rough day for everyone...

xoxo chef a

No comments: