Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good News

On the IPOD "Make You Feel My Love" by ADELE

So we got very good news last night...My mom's heart is in great condition and they believe the pain she was feeling was an esophageal spasm. So we finally got to leave and she will visit a doctor sometime this week to figure out the whole spasm issue. Thanks to everyone for your support and well wishes! On a side note I am so over hospitals...everything takes on average 3 times as long as I think it should. Although I know I'm not a doctor or nurse and I truly appreciate all of their help, it is just a little ridiculous at times.

I so wish I felt like going to work today but I don't, I mean I'm going of course but to be real honest I really want to just sit in bed and watch reruns. So my menu for today is as follows:

Winter Chopped Salad
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
Baked Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
Gluten Free Lasagna
Veal Picatta with asparagus Parmesan
Chicken Souvlaki with hummus and Tabouli
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Muffins

Last week I did a really smart thing that is really coming in handy...I made like 12 chicken breasts 4 different flavors, packaged them in indvidual plastic bags, and then I put them in the freezer. That way when I leave the house in the morning all I have to do is grab the bag of chicken and then either pair it with some fresh green veggies or a salad for lunch. I've been packaging this way for client's for a long time, but its the first time I actually did it for myself and I think it is totally worth it!!!!

I will be taking a free, yes I said free Zumba class learning the moves to thriller TOMORROW night at Telos Fitness Center 13701 Dallas Parkway it is at 5:45 pm. Please let me know if you would like to join me. It will be lots of fun!!!!

BTW I'm down a solid 30 pounds!! Yay!!

xoxo chef a

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Mazel on the 30! I'm so proud of you, Amanda. You are an inspiration. :-)