Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Naked

On the IPOD "Naked" by: Avril Lavigne

I can't believe this post has taken so long.....

Anyways as I was dancing in Nia class on Tuesday night this strange feeling came over me...I felt naked!

I don't know if it was because I was standing in the almost front row but something has enlightened me to the fact that I'm kind of naked now...I know funny that it has taken me 6 months to realize it.

It might have to do with the amazing response I got from the post "Baby Fears". I have received numerous comments, emails, and calls...and they are still coming.

I cant explain to you exactly how comments help me, but they do! They make me accountable. They make me happy. They let me know that my random thoughts are changing your life in some ways as well as my own. They comfort me... And sometimes when I don't get a comment I'm not sure you all got it! :)

If you were to have told me 6 months ago that in 6 months I would feel naked most of the time, I don't know that I would've been strong enough to write this blog...I think that the fear would have taken over.

Feeling naked is weird...It can be uncomfortable. Sometimes I look around and think...how many people in this room know my inner most thoughts? Do they think I look thinner? Do they feel like they know too much or do they want to know more? When I meet readers who I don't know from my personal life I think...hummm I wonder if I'm what they expected? Are they impressed or let down?

When I first felt naked on Tuesday, It really stressed me out and I felt like running and hiding in a corner as fast as I could but as the hours passed my feelings have changed about it...

I feel like I'm standing taller and prouder. I feel uncomfortably comfortable! And I kinda like it!

xoxo chef a

No comments: