Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bounce

On the IPOD "Party in the U.S.A." by: Miley Cyrus
(We listened to this song numerous times today)

I'm going to start off by saying that when I started to write my post tonight this is the story I told...but while driving home I realized that I have something much more introspective to write about today. I started to add it to this post but I really felt like it needed its own and I didn't want my precious time with my nieces and nephew to take a back seat to something so raw. So it is very possible that I will post two entries within hours of each other...

To say that I am tired does not really give you a full description of my day. After a little bit of work this morning I picked up my nieces and nephew for a fun filled day with Aunt Amanda... We grabbed a quick lunch (I had a turkey burger with half or a whole wheat bun, lots of veggies and spicy mustard) and then headed to "Bounce U" (an indoor kids playground that has huge inflatables like an obstacle course, boxing rink, tower slide, basketball, and a dodge ball court.) Running the obstacle course 6times with young kids is extremely fun until its 11:00pm and your arms and legs are covered with ice packs...I should have caught on when all the mothers were sitting to the side reading magazines (BTW I hope I will never give up the chance to run around with my kids in exchange for a magazine article...) After we bounced for an hour and a half, I took them to an old-fashioned penny candy store and gave them each $5 to spend however they wished...Hey I'm an aunt it was either a candy store or Toys R Us! It is slightly amazing that it took everybody a solid hour to figure out how to spend their $5... What a great day!

Client Menu for Tomorrow

Arugula Salad with Parmesan, Pinenuts, and Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Linguini Pomodoro with Grilled Vegetables
Falafel with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Hummus, Tahini, and Pita
Spicy Red Snapper Tacos with
Corn and Pepper Relish, Shredded Cabbage and Chipotle Aioli
Chopped Spring Salad with Balsamic Drizzle
Pan Seared Pork Chops Au Jus
Sweet Corn Pudding
Fresh Snap Peas
Horseradish Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

xoxo chef a

No comments: