Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey Mickey!

On the IPOD "Mickey" By: Toni Basil

So last night a tried my fourth Zumba class. When I tried it the first time 6 months ago I thought I was going to have a heart attack, but when I tried it again last week at the Haiti Event I realized that losing 50 pounds really might have a major impact on my ability to survive the one hour class! There is no other way to describe Zumba except to say that it is just fun...Good high energy music, lots of footwork, and a great teacher makes it even better. I would have to say that besides the samba which actually happens to be "my favorite" dance (meaning I get it and can relatively do it) the best part of the class was when we did a routine to the song "Mickey." Lets just say we all found our inner cheerleader!! Sure wish I had brought some pompoms!!! When I left I felt like putting my hair up in a super high pony tail with two team color ribbons and adding the word "like" at the beginning of every sentence I said.

What you don't really know yet is my love for working and giving dinner parties. I love everything from the china and the crystal to my special sauces in squeeze bottles. I love love love to prepare high end dinner parties for special clients who give me amazing creative control. I'm preparing a short notice small dinner party tonight. This is what makes my job great!

Dinner Party for 6 on Friday Night:

Raspberry Glazed Cheese with Crispy Wheat Flatbread

Organic Baby Spinach Salad with Kishu Mandarin Oranges, Sun-Dried Cranberries and Cherries, Texas Goat Cheese Crumbles and Sweet and Spicy Pecans with a Champagne Vinaigrette
Peppercorn Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Mustard Cream Sauce
Roasted Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus

Mixed Berry Trifle

Tomorrow I am giving myself the day off of work!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

I know it's the weekend but I will be writing a very important blog tomorrow so please check back in!!

xoxo chef a

No comments: