Monday, February 1, 2010

The Doctor...

On the IPOD "Baby (feat. Ludacris)" by: Justin Bieber


I have decided that I watch way too much 9pm prime time television shows about solving crimes! I embarrassingly enough ran all the way from the parking garage through my building and into my unit because I was sure that I was being followed... This is the reason that I have not and will never watch horror movies.


I am happy to report that I have lost 3 1/2 pounds since last Thursday when I gave up most processed foods. I am by no means saying that it is just because of the non-processed foods, this early in the game it probably has more to do with the fact that I am being very conscience of what I eat. My main vice at the moment happens to be in the form of drinks... Besides lots of lots of water, I usually splurge on a skinny vanilla latte in the morning and a Diet Dr. Pepper at some point after work. I know pretty boring... I used to have a cocktail after work but now I'm just lame!

The coffee is the easy part because I'm sure I can figure out a way to drink my coffee that doesn't include sugar free flavored syrup... The hard part is the Diet Dr. Pepper! The funny thing is that I used to hate diet drinks and now all of the sudden it is like all I can think about! I mean it's sweet and bubbly and by all accounts it should be horrible for us, which in some ways it totally is, but as far as the "bullshit" label reads it is perfectly healthy. The reason I am saying that the label is bullshit is because unfortunately I'm right!

Since the nutritional facts box came out on the market, the food companies have found ways to make foods look healthy to the average American...How many of you depend on those food labels? Did you know that the information is only tested based on one sample of the product. There are no rules in place to retest food... More than likely we should only be using nutritional facts as a guide. Take spray butter for example: Don't get me wrong I love spray butter and I don't think it is a horrible product at all, but did you know that it is not calorie or fat free, in actuality 1 Tablespoon of spray butter has 5 grams of fat!

I kind of feel duped! Oh well! I am really trying hard to eat real foods and not bars and 100 calorie packs. It is not easy! I mean I love an American cheese, mustard and doritos sandwich just like the next girl (favorite sandwich as a kid,) but maybe that is how I ended up in the predicament I am in!

I wish I could tell you that I'm ready to give up my affair with the Doctor, Diet Dr. Pepper that is. But truthfully I'm just not there yet...It's coming though...Maybe....

xoxo chef a

No comments: