Monday, February 15, 2010

The SCALE

On the IPOD "Heaven" by: Brandi Carlile ( I also listened to the original Bryan Adams version)

I have decided that it is time to buy a new scale. Don't get me wrong I love my scale...The two of us (my scale and I) have spent many mornings talking about treating my kindly and showing me the right numbers! I love the fact that it runs about 5 pounds lighter than say a doctor's scale and that I had it at my heaviest and everyday when I step on I get almost giddy at the fact that I have lost so much weight! But if truth be told I think it is time for a digital scale. I feel like I need to see each 1/4 and 1/2 pound that I lose and my scale usually does more of a wavering act between a couple of pounds.

I know some of you are saying, "Oh Amanda, don't worry about the scale, just put it in your closet and don't use it." Well my response to that is that when I get to say within 20 pounds of my goal weight I will try your way but until then I need to see on a daily basis that what I'm doing is working! More than likely, if I know myself at all, I will keep the old scale even if I put it into my closet just so every now and then I can get on it and see just how far I've come...

On a totally opposite topic...Do you ever feel like you're in a movie and the music that is playing in your car or at your house is like your soundtrack? That's kind of what I feel like when I'm listening to music while I write the blog. To some it seems like the music that I put on the blog is just a random choice but actually that is a totally false statement. Alot (maybe too much) thought is put into each day's choice and usually I have listened to the song at least 20 times on the day I use it. Sometimes it is based on the lyrics and other times it's the way that the melody makes me feel even if the words don't really make sense for the day.

Menu for tomorrow:
Crispy Fish Tacos with Fresh Corn and Pepper Salsa with Chipotle Crema
Seared Filet Mignon with Mock Fried Rice
Baked Chicken Drumettes
Homestyle Meatloaf
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Shrimp Fajitas
Spicy 4 Cheese Mac and Cheese
Seafood Scampi
Creamy Chicken Salad
Sugar Free Chocolate Cream Pie

Tomorrow's blog is about something very dear to my heart...be sure to read it!!

xoxo chef a

No comments: