Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

On the IPOD "Crash into me" by: Dave Matthews Band and "Besame Mucho" by: Diana Krall

So first of all the reason I picked these two songs tonight is because I personally think "Crash into Me" is one of the sexiest songs ever written and "Besame Mucho" is the song that we danced our first dance to at our wedding. And don't worry I will post the"Sexy, Love" playlist at the end of this entry, I know some of you are very interested...

I have had a wonderful weekend... Saturday morning I went to the Valentine's Nia Class and it was amazing. Perfect music, perfect friends, and perfect work out!! Right before class I got a call from a wonderful family friend who offered us tickets to the NBA All Star Saturday night event, which we took, of course. After class, I went to the store to buy Mike his surprise gift, which was a candy "bar" that I made out of glass canisters filled with his favorite candies. I then went home and spent a good solid hour straightening my hair and before I knew it it was time to go to the event.

The event was great! It was something we would have never done had we not gotten the tickets. We even ran into a couple of Hornets (alumni of my high school, We were the hornets), one was my really good friend, Jason, who we hung out with through College but haven't seen in a good 6 years. It was great to catch up! After the event we went to one of my favorite sushi restaurants, Oishii. It was great as always!

Sunday morning I slept in till like 9, which is very very rare and such a treat! Mike took me to brunch at the first restaurant we ever spent Valentine's day together at 12 years ago, SO Sweet! We spent the afternoon just relaxing and then I made dinner...

Wedge Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and Point Reyes Blue Cheese
drizzled with a Peppercorn Blue Cheese Dressing
Seared Filet Mignon and Shrimp Scampi
with
Scalloped Potatoes
and
Roasted Asparagus with Caramelized Baby Carrots
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
with Organic Strawberries
It was sooooo good!!! I feel so lucky to be sitting here with my husband!! Best decision ever!
Ok so here is the playlist:
"Closer" by: Nine Inch Nails
"Crash into Me" by: Dave Matthews Band
"Crazy Bitch" by: Buck Cherry
"What's Your Fantasy" by: Ludacris
"Cater 2 U" by: Destiny's Child
" You Make Me Wanna..." by: Usher
"Work It" by: Missy Elliott
"Feelin Love" by: Paula Cole
" Push It" by: Salt-n-Pepa
" I Would Die 4 U" by: Prince
"Lovesong" by: The Cure
"I'm Yours" by: Jason Mraz
"The Nearness of You" by: Norah Jones
"Besame Mucho" by Diana Krall
"Be Be Your Love" by: Rachael Yamagata
"Only Love" by: Wynonna Judd
"Dream" by: Priscilla Ahn
"Make You Feel My Love" by: ADELE

I hope you all had an amazing Valentine's Day, whether you were celebrating your love of your spouse or lover, your child, your family and friends, or yourself!

xoxo
chef a

1 comment:

CHEF RACHMAT SYAHAB said...

hai CHEF AMANDA very nice your Blog I like it