Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Passionate Songs

On the IPOD "Work It" by: Missy Elliott and "Crazy Bitch" by: Buck Cherry

The gym is not completed at the building we live in so I am forced to work out at this ritzy titzy club across the street. The best way to describe it as a bunch of very fit people, me, and a whole bunch of creepy old rich men staring at pretty much everyone....even me. I thought one old guy was going to have a heart attack when he was staring at my boobs while I was pedalling fast on the the bike. Gross!!! I got up and moved it was so uncomfortable! I actually hate it at this gym so much so that I am devastated when there isn't a dance class I can go to instead. But I knew I needed to work out and I was a little excited about listening to the new playlist I created called, "Sexy, Love, Nia."

The playlist is really for Nia, for a Valentine's Day Routine. Jule had asked us, "what songs make you feel sexy?" Well that's my interpretation, I think the question was originally, "Whats your favorite love song?" Anyways, I put together a collection of "love" well really "Passion" songs. It was amazing what these passionate songs did for my workout. It was truly an enlightening experience...I'm normally ready to leave at 3o minutes("the national ADD time limit") but I made myself stay 45 minutes. Today I stayed over an hour just so that I could hear the next song... When I say it's a mix it really is...It has everything from Nine Inch Nails to Norah Jones. I will post a full list on Valentine's Day and until then some of the songs will show up on the on the ipod playlist.

I really had to fight back the desire to dance on the treadmill... So I want to hear from you...What songs make you feel passionate? What songs make you feel loved? If you are having problems posting comments on the blog please click on the area underneath the blog that says how many comments there are and a box will pop up, fill it out and then where it says post as, click it scroll down and use your sign in name or post as anonymous but please sign your name at the end of the comment so I know who you are!!

Also I love knowing who my followers are so please take a little time and click on follow and fill it out you can sign in with google , twitter, or yahoo or you can set up a google sign in using your existing email address.

Also on a side note I got an email from a very old friend who was worried about posting on the site because I havent seen them in 20 years... Let me clarify if I didn't want everyone to be reading this I wouldn't make it public and I would not post links on facebook... I know sometimes the posts might make you feel uncomfortable...like they are too private or personal or honest. They make me feel uncomfortable too, but it is the most free I've ever felt... The passion I feel about writing this blog is the same passion that led me to a kitchen and really the same passion that led me to Mike. It is now a part of who I am...and by reading this blog you are also a part of me, I would love to know who you are...

On a side note, I really really really want an oreo. Well actually like 5 oreos. Oh how I love you, processed foods!

Cant wait to hear from you!
xoxo chef a

1 comment:

Lauren Margolies said...

Popular songs right now that I love for working out: "Say Aah" - Trey Songz, "Run This Town" = Jay Z, Rihanna & Kanye, "Forever" - Drake, etc, "Sexy Bitch" - David Guetta and Akon (great for running, super fast beat, not a great song in general) "I'm goin in" - Drake and Lil Wayne. Think I might have a hip hop obsession?! :)

Passionate songs: "This women's work" - Maxwell, "Lucky Man" - The Verve, "Try Sleeping with a broken heart" - Alicia Keys

These are songs that came to my head first...there are SO many more :)

Lauren