Monday, December 28, 2009

Vaca....

On the IPOD "Rockstar" by: Prima J


I have an extremely difficult time taking a vacation...Don't get me wrong it has felt like I have been on a food vacation for about a week now, but I mean a real honest to goodness vacation from work. So starting today I am on a staycation for the next 5 days. I have nothing planned but a tea with my nieces at the American Girl Bistro. Other than that my big plans for the week consist of seeing every movie possible in the theater (well every movie that fits into my criteria: funny, romantic, sad, or about food...) and having a girl's night on NYE (Mike has to work for a change.) On Saturday I am driving to my Grandmother's house in Silsbee, Texas for her 95th Birthday.

It is a completely different feeling to take a vacation at home... Normally when I'm on a vacation I'm planning out my days and making sure that I get to all the important places and try all the important restaurants in whichever city I'm in. But not today... I'm not going to make any plans... I'm going to do my best to make it to Nia but if I don't Oh well! I'm going to get a massage (maybe even a two hour) and a much needed mani-pedi. I'm going to do my best to not return client emails or phone calls until maybe Saturday morning on my way out of town. Not because I don't love my clients but because I need a break. I have worked my tail off throughout every holiday this year and have made over 1000 meals just in the month of December. I'm tired of looking at kitchen appliances....

Most importantly I'm going to spend some much needed time on my blog....

So until tomorrow here is to relaxation....

xoxo chef a

No comments: