Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas...

On the IPOD "All I want for Christmas is you" by: Mariah Carey

I some how got through all of the items to cook on Wednesday. And starting on Thursday night I pretty much ate my way through Christmas...I made the best gumbo ever for Thursday night and followed it with some of the best cookies I have ever made. I decided the cookies were so good because I creamed half super cold butter with half room temperature butter and it created what I refer to as pockets of goodness. But hands down the best thing about Christmas Eve in Dallas was the inch and a half of white powdery snow that covered the ground and the fact that Mike got out of work 3 hours early and was able to spend most of Christmas eve with us. Mike and I stayed over at my mom's house with my brother Andrew and we played Super Mario Bros for the Wii until the wee hours of the morning. We woke up to stockings filled amazing presents from my mom aka Santa. Then my brother Adam, his wife Audra, my Aunt Leen, and Uncle Stanley joined us and I made the tradition Christmas breakfast of scrambled eggs, lumberjack hash, and some nice chewy bagels.

Christmas night, while my poor husband had to work again, we went to my Aunt's house to celebrate with friends and family and to honor my grandparents who were married on Christmas Day. I think it is really just another excuse to eat...
Greenberg smoked turkey
Shrimp Remolade
Baked Bologna
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Apricot Jello Mold
Relish Tray
And my Grandmother's famous Egg Nog
Oh and about a million desserts!

It's a menu straight out of the 1950s....

And this morning I am about to pull myself together so that we can go celebrate Christmas with Mike's side of the family, but after tonight unfortunately the scale will be there tomorrow!!!! I hope everyone who celebrates had an amazing Christmas with family and friends and I hope everyone else at least had a relaxing couple of days off!!

Thank you to my husband for this beautiful little netbook that is allowing me to sit next to you and write this blog while you watch your beloved soccer game!!

If you notice this entire blog is about eating, but if I told you I ate celery sticks for the last three days I would totally be lying. Actually I dont think I even ate one celery stick!!

Happy Holidays!
xoxo chef a

No comments: