Monday, December 7, 2009

"Dieter on Board"

On the IPOD "Power of Two" by: Indigo Girls

Well Austin was great! So much fun!!

I made an interesting discovery today... I have four favorite food groups...bread, cheese, sugar, and vegetables. I do love vegetables: I love roasted brussel sprouts, asparagus, beets, broccoli, zucchini, any kind of squash, french green beans, regular green beans ( I have been known to eat green beans out of the can as a snack, I know I'm sooo gourmet!), spinach, mushrooms, and so on... But the other three food groups need a little work!! I can't help the fact that I dream about chocolate covered almonds and pizza. Or can I?

I stopped by Jamie and Summer's new store POME (absolutely beautiful clothes and accessories that I will fit into one day) in Preston Center today. I have to say that up to this point in the day I had dealt with one annoying issue after another so I was at my breaking point...I really didn't plan my meals so of course I was ready to eat my arm off by 4 pm (snack time). Unfortunately for me there were little snacks all around the store. So I had a small square of peppermint bark, a whole grain cracker and about 10 jelly bellies. For 10 minutes I felt great...a little burst of energy...it was too bad that an hour later I felt like playing monster truck on the tollway. I don't know if it was the fall after my sugar rush or the disappointment I had in myself for not being prepared all day. But all I know is that the guy in the blue accord saw more of my finger than he bargained for. Maybe I need to get a sign for my car that says "dieter on board!"

Roasted Asparagus
2 Pounds Asparagus
olive oil cooking spray
1/2 tsp or less seasoned salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 425*
Trim Asparagus so that you just have the top about 4 inches or so. Spread out in a single layer in a pan. Spray generously with oilve oil cooking spray and toss with seasonings. Roast for 12- 14 minutes.


xoxo chef a

No comments: