Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snacks...

On the IPOD "1901" by: Phoenix


I'm taking the opportunity today to talk about some of my favorite "healthy" snacks. I quoted the word healthy because lets be honest about the fact that if it is a processed snack that you can buy off the shelf then the chances that is is completely good for you is slim. But here it goes...


My first snack is dedicated to my friend Lisa because this post today came about from the fact that I swore to her that I have discussed my love for 100 calorie packs of raw almonds on the blog....Well Lisa print this out for your records because I WAS WRONG! So I love 100 calorie packs of RAW Almonds, I keep them in my purse and stash them in various other places (even clients houses). I try to limit myself to two servings of nuts a day because even though they are healthy they are also quite high in calories.


My second favorite snack is "Food Should Taste Good" brand of Sweet Potato tortilla chips. Jamie introduced me to these gems. They are all natural tortilla chips with sweet potatoes baked in. Besides the fact that these are truly the best thing I have ever put into my mouth, I love the fact that a can pronounce every ingredient in them. They are not an everyday snack but if I need a chip they are what I want. And the greatest news is that Starbucks now sells 1.5 oz bags so even though that's about 1 1/2 servings it is definitely better than having the entire bag around!


I also love freeze-dried banana slices with no sugar added. There are all different brand names but as long as there is no sugar added and they are crispy not soggy I'm on board!


And cheese...when I was a little girl I used to eat Kraft American singles. I would fold them up into little bitty squares and eat them in layers, but because they have little to no nutritional value and because I think 2% American singles taste like plastic I have changed to Kraft 2% mozzarella cheese sticks which are so good and pretty decently healthy. (Just so you know...This does not take the place of real cheese!!!)


These are just a few of my favorite snacks...I will post more of them as I think of them but this is at least a start...

xoxo chef a

1 comment:

stacy k said...

i think youve mentioned the almonds before