Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate Carrots

On the IPOD "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by: Keith Urban

Today I hit a new low...I actually looked a carrot up and down and asked it to taste like a chocolate bar. I tried to close my eyes and dream of it touching my tongue and turning into a melted river of goodness. But unfortunately I just got a carrot!! The funny thing is that normally I'm not even a chocolate kind of girl... The craving got so bad tonight that at about 8 pm I was actually rummaging through my mom's pantry looking for a sugar free peppermint pattie to no avail. Who ever thought that a sugar free candy would be considered a find? So here I sit at 5 minutes till 11 wondering when the day will come that I crave say a bag of cut up celery...

Tortilla Bean Soup (Super low fat)

1 sweet onion, diced
6 oz can diced green chilies
2 quarts of chicken stock (or veggie stock)
1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can rotel ( I usually use the mild so I have more control over the heat factor)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 15 0z cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed

In a non-stick soup pot saute onions and chilies over medium heat until onions start to become translucent. Add stock and then all other ingredients except the beans. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn down to a high simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes. Add beans and cook 10 minutes more.

Serve and top with diced avocado, low fat cheese, or your favorite topping.

Goodnight all
xoxo chef a

No comments: