Thursday, April 8, 2010

And Poteet Begins...




On the IPOD "Sex on Fire" By: Kings of Leon

What does a girl really need on a short weekend trip to sell jams and jellies at the Poteet Strawberry Festival??? Well if your name is Amanda you need way too much stuff! You would have thought that I was moving in...

I'll give you the low down on what I brought, its quite enlightening!

4 pairs of black yoga pants
2 short black skirts
6 black tank tops
2 black sweaters
4 sets of black panties, bras, sports bras
1 black sweat shirt jacket

Do you notice a trend yet??

3 pairs of shoes
2 laptop computers (I wasn't going to take any chances...)
various beauty products
every possible medicine that I might ever need...
celery sticks
carrot sticks
A Box of Kashi Go Lean Crisp
bananas
Fresh made Tuna Salad, my little low cal cream cheese cups, and a bag of Baked bagel chips no oil or butter (from my favorite deli in Dallas!)

Nothing like being prepared for anything right?

I have made a big plan for the weekend. My plan is to work out as much as possible so that I can eat whatever I want! Good plan right?

So of course I had to work a little before we were able to leave town...What a shocker? 5 hours later we arrived in Pleasanton, Texas. Pleasanton is actually considered the "big town" next to Poteet. Poteet doesn't actually have a hotel or even a restaurant...

We went to Chili's for dinner which to be quite honest left a lot to be desired, but it is the only restaurant besides a trailer like building that has a sign saying, "steak house", uh... no thanks! When we got back to the hotel I went to work out and then called it a night...

The festival actually begins tonight, but we set up all morning and are now taking a short break before the fun begins! The fact that my mom, my Aunt Dorothy, my cousin Jeff and I are all staying in the same room (The hotel was overbooked) should make the trip all the more amusing...

Well I really just wanted to touch base with you... Before I get knee deep in jelly! My posts over the weekend will most likely be pretty entertaining and I will try to post lots of pictures so you can get the full effect.

Lots of love from Poteet, Texas

xoxo chef a

No comments: