Friday, December 17, 2010

Whatever you do...Don't bend over!

On the IPOD "The Chipmunk Song" By: The Chipmunks

Wow I can't believe I only have three weeks left of this miserable pregnancy... My hands look like those over sized tickle me Elmo gloves that are so popular this year. They are extremely puffy, red and all sorts of not cute! The only saving grace is that I have not had any swelling in my legs or feet...yet! I can not fully explain how badly my hands hurt...If I had only known that carpal tunnel was so bad chances are I would have chosen a career that isn't so hard on your hands. I'm trying to use them as sparingly as possible so that maybe it will go away when Levi comes...

My doctor gave me some pain pills to help at night and the first night they worked beautifully. Unfortunately I obviously built up a tolerance to them overnight because since that glorious night of sleep it has been all down hill! It was so bad yesterday morning that when I tried to wash out a glass in the sink with one of those long dish scrubbers, my hands just wouldn't work. I literally could not do it...it was so frustrating that I almost threw the brush across the room... the only thing that stopped me was that I realized I would have to bend over and pick the brush up which raises an entire other issue! Bending over is like a joke...I need a person on each side of me just to help me back up! Not to be graffic but they are telling you the truth when they say that during the last month your pelvic bones start making room for baby. Although "making room" is really a nice phrase for "splitting down the middle!"

I would be lying if I didn't say that every morning I wake up and pray that my water breaks... I know I should want him to stay in as long as possible but I'm over it! I mean even right now at 5:30 am Levi has such bad hiccups that my stomach looks like I'm having convulsions.

I'm really ready to stop working...I dont know what made me think I would want to work through New Years! Oh well, it's off to work I go!

Until later...

xoxo chef a

No comments: