Saturday, March 2, 2019

ALIVE!

On the iPod, “Fire” by: Sara Bareilles


What makes you feel alive? I know, I know it’s sort of a hard question. I asked some of my closest friends recently and the answers weren’t all that surprising. What I did notice is that with the exception of one friend’s answer... it seems as if we are setting the things that truly set us on fire to the side as we work through the mundane of everyday life. 

So...why?

Personally, I feel like I’m constantly trying to give my kids every opportunity to figure out what sets them on fire and I know you are too! So why then are we so reluctant to pick us?

Last night at my hip hop heels class with Geena, I was able to do a move that I couldn’t do a week ago. Like seriously, 7 days ago I couldn’t do it...but now I can. It doesn’t really matter that there were new moves this week that I couldn’t do because you know what... I fucking nailed the one from last week!  I walked out of class ALIVE! πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯!!! And when I’m in the midst of a therapy session with one of my favorite moms till 2am and I finally feel like a real person again or I’m writing a blog post that flys off my finger tips I feel ALIVE! Like so alive that I want you to feel ALIVE too. Maybe you feel content everyday or maybe you’re drowning in a house full of people but you still feel alone. I just want you to ask yourself how you could really choose you for a change.

Because you, my friend, are WORTH IT! I’m WORTH it! My kids and my husband and my family and my friends and my clients are worth it for me to feel like...I.   am.   WORTH IT!    And yours are too! 

Find your alive! Message me... come to a dance class...run a marathon, find a stage, get an uber and have another glass of wine, stay out too late, write a book, spill your guts to a good friend and maybe realize that you aren’t as alone as you thought you were...
Take a chance to feel ALIVE.

Love, me


No comments: